Phased Return for Academy
Over the past two weeks, the Government has made some key announcements around the potential wider opening of schools, and some possible timescales for this. We are keen to provide as much information as possible, as soon as possible, to help pupils, parents and carers plan for the weeks and months ahead.
Any wider opening of schools, beyond the provision of emergency childcare to the children of key workers and vulnerable pupils, is dependent upon Government confirmation that:
- The five key tests are met
- The rate of infection continues to decrease. The government have said that they will make an announcement about this on Thursday 28th May. This, in addition to local Public Health advice, will inform our next steps
We have completed a thorough risk assessment process for our school and have thought carefully about how and when we could open more widely, subject to government confirmation that the key tests have been met.
We are planning to follow a careful, step-by-step process. This means that, for many of our primary schools, the first couple of weeks of any wider opening will be significantly different, as we have operated as part of a hub site since the end of March. For all of the primary schools though, things will look different, reflecting our careful risk assessment process.
Following this process, and subject to the Government announcement on 28th May and Public Health advice, we have established that we are now in a position to offer the following provision:
- Our emergency childcare provision for the children of key workers and vulnerable children will be provided from England Lane Academy with effect from Monday 1st June. On Monday 1st June, only those children currently attending the De Lacy hub, should attend England Lane Academy.
- From Tuesday 2nd June, the provision will be extended to those children of key workers and vulnerable children, whose parents have previously declared their intention to take a place via the parent letter dated Thursday 14th May.
- On Thursday 4th and Friday 5th June, in addition to the above group, we plan to extend the provision to include those children from Year 6, whose parents have previously declared their intention to take a place via the parent letter dated Thursday 14th May.
We will continue to review our provision and extend this, if and when appropriate. Early next week, we will send out details of year group attendance for the following week
We would like to thank you for all your support in supporting your children in their learning; we have enjoyed celebrating with you many great examples of your children’s resourcefulness, creativity and dedication. We would also like to thank all of you who have taken the time to contact us to thank school for the work we have provided and the provision we have put in place. Everyone at school warmly appreciates your support.
Head of Academy